Saturday, July 11, 2009
Thursday, July 09, 2009
Paper 3: Topic: Racism, Sexism and Speciesism
“There is perhaps no se
– Philosopher Bernard Rollin
PAPER 4: Topics: Racism, Sexism and Speciesism: Is i
4-5 PAGES, DUE AT TIME OF THE FINAL meeting, IN CLASS WEDNESDAY
Your paper should have a shor
This paper focuses on you providing well-
the fur indus try engaged in morally permissible behavior, or are they doing things tha tare morally wrong?
the animal agribusiness indus tries engaged in morally permissible behavior, or are they doing things tha tare morally wrong?
t, if any, are there any rela tions be tween these two ques tions? Does your view abou t the morali ty of the fur indus try have logical implica tions for your view abou t the morali ty of the, e.g., mea tindus try, and vice versa?
- Should you personally suppor
t the fur indus try? Should you personally suppor t the mea t(and rela ted) indus tries?
PAPER 4: Top 10 Lis
DUE AT TIME OF THE FINAL meeting, IN CLASS WEDNESDAY
Make a "Top 10 Lis
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
1. Simmons, "Reasonable Humans and Animals": http://aphilosopher.googlepages.com/veg.pdf
2. Alastair Norcross, "Torturing Puppies and Eating Meat: It's All in Good Taste" in RTD, p. 130; also online here (read first few pages): http://homepage.mac.com/anorcross/papers/Puppies.pdf
Also a video is here: http://ethics.sandiego.edu/video/apa/central/2002/torturingpuppies/index.htm
3. Machan, "Do Animals Have Rights?" in RTD: only need to read pp 138-140.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Saturday, July 04, 2009
emp 4 abortion