2, "The Challenge of Cultural Relativism" (Elements) Ch.
- “What’s Culture Got to Do with it? Excising the Harmful Tradition of Female Circumcision,” Harvard Law Review, http://sites.google.com/site/nobisphilosophy/female_circumcision.pdf
- "Monogamy: A Critique," John McMurtry (RTD, #28) [This goes with the brief discussion of polyamory on pp. 29-30 of Elements; the readings below also concern sexual ethics.]
- "Our Sexual Ethics," Bertrand Russell (RTD, #29)
- "Alcohol and Rape," Nicholas Dixon (RTD, #30)
FOR WED, PLEASE READ:
3, "Subjectivism in Ethics" (Elements) Ch.
- "Is Homosexuality Unnatural?" Burton M. Leiser (RTD, #27) [This is an expanded version of the argument given on pp. 44-45 of Elements.]
Richard Feldman on “Simple Moral Arguments”: http://sites.google.com/site/nobisphilosophy/feldman-simple-moral-arguments.pdf